Statement of Faith
1. We believe in Yeshua Messiah, eternal God, uncreated, but the Creator, the Alpha and Omega, the I AM, the way, the truth, and the life, the Savior, the King of kings, Lord of lords, and the eternal Lamb of God, the Life of the believer and His corporate people, the rightful heir of His Father, and the establisher of the eternal purpose of God.
2. We believe in the trinity as unveiled and revealed in the Holy Scriptures and the person of Yeshua Messiah Himself; that the Godhead is one Spirit and yet three eternal specific persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe Yeshua Messiah was conceived by the Holy Spirit and in His virgin birth. That He led a sinless life, took on Himself all our sins, in His atoning death and bodily resurrection, and is seated at the right hand of the Father as our mediator – the Great High Priest after the order of Melchizedek.
4. We believe that the Godhead has established His Church through the physical death, burial, and resurrection of Yeshua Messiah, the eternal Son of God. We believe that Yeshua Messiah is the singular head of His body (the Church) and that the Church is His people gathered spiritually by the born-again reality into the life of Yeshua Messiah. Thus the Church is not a single group, denomination, or tradition, but a spiritual people gathered in His life, name, and Spirit.
5. We believe in the soon literal, physical return of Yeshua Messiah to take authority and rule on earth, though no one knows the exact hour, to establish the eternal throne and kingdom of the Lamb who He is; and that the Lamb’s Bride/Wife as defined in the Holy Scriptures will eternally reign with Him from earth over all.
6. We believe that hell is literal and eternal and that it is the place of separation and torment of the damned. We believe that all humans who refuse to put their faith in Yeshua Messiah choose instead the eternal place of separation from Him, which is hell. We also believe that hell is the eternal place of separation for spirits who chose to rebel, including Satan.
7. We believe that Heaven is literal, eternal, and spiritual, that it is the realm of God’s eternal throne from which He rules all His vast creation.
8. We believe that all mankind has fallen through the sin of the first man and woman, Adam and Eve, and that their sin allowed the sin nature to come into themselves and be passed on to and within their offspring, the human race. Therefore, we all have sinned and are under the sentence of death, and all must trust in the atoning sacrifice of Yeshua for the remission of sins. There is no other way to reconcile with God or escape from eternal judgment, except through the propitiatory sacrifice of Yeshua, Who has been sent forth from the Father to offer reconciliation and salvation to all who will put their faith in Him; that man must be born again or they cannot enter the Kingdom of God and Heaven; and that Yeshua Messiah alone is the way, the truth, and the life, that no one can come to the Father except through Him.
9. We believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible and authoritative written Word of God, and that it is of supreme and final authority, which proclaims and testifies to the eternal Word of God, Yeshua Messiah Himself. We do not accept any doctrine which contradicts Scripture. We do not accept any spiritual experience: revelation, vision, dream, prophecy as having its source in the Holy Spirit that does not have a precedent in Scripture.
Gifts of the Holy Spirit: We believe that “Yeshua Messiah is the same yesterday and today and forever” (Hebrews 13:8) and that His ministry in and through the Church by the Holy Spirit has not changed from the beginning. We accept, acknowledge, encourage and seek all of the biblical gifts and ministries of the Holy Spirit as present and vital for the Church to accomplish her full purpose today. That the nine gifts of the Holy Spirit are available through the Holy Spirit and are for the Church today for the service of our Lord Yeshua Messiah (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). That the baptism of the Holy Spirit is available to all who believe in Yeshua Messiah, and who totally surrender their lives to the complete will of God.
Note: Parts of this Statement have been taken from Terry Bennett’s and Shekinah Worship Center’s Statements of Faith.