Updated: May 20, 2018
This privacy statement is to assure those who visit this website that we respect the privacy of all visitors while using this website. We will always endeavor to take steps to assure that any information provided to us will remain secure.
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. By visiting this website, you agree to the terms of this policy statement. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such [MailChimp, PayPal, YouTube], and we are not responsible for the content, or the privacy policies of these other websites.
The Voice of My Beloved Ministry may change this policy statement by updating this page. You should check this page, from time to time, to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
YOUR PERSONAL DATA – WHAT IS IT?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
WHO ARE WE?
The Voice of My Beloved is the data controller [contact details below]. This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The Voice of My Beloved complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
You are receiving communications from us because you have expressed interest to receive ministry announcements and/or you are personally involved in this ministry through your love, prayers, encouragement and financial support.
WHAT WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information including phone number, postal and email address
- Other information relevant to your ministry, and/or church engagement
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to provide a voluntary service for the benefit of the public in a particular geographical area
- To administer ministry records
- To promote the interests of The Voice of My Beloved
- To manage our volunteers
- To maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications)
- Provide you with the information you have requested
- To inform you of news, events, activities and services run by The Voice of My Beloved
- To share your contact details with our ministry partners to keep you informed of ministry events
- We may use the information to improve the usability of, and information available on our website
The Voice of My Beloved Ministry does not sell, lease or rent your confidential information. However, we may need to disclose personal information as required by law, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, or search warrant in the course of a legal proceeding, or to respond to a law enforcement agency request, to enforce our terms of service or site rules; or to protect the safety and security of our visitors and our site.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and keep you informed about The Voice of My Beloved events
- Processing is necessary for carrying out legal obligations in relation to Gift Aid or under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the ministry in order to carry out a service to other ministry partners or for purposes connected with the ministry. We will only share your data with third parties outside of the ministry with your consent.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We keep your personal data for as long as we have your consent; and it pertains to the interests of The Voice of My Beloved
YOUR RIGHTS AND YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which The Voice of My Beloved holds about you
- The right to request that The Voice of My Beloved corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for The Voice of My Beloved to retain such data
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means]
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
OTHER THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Some cookies that have been set on our website are not related to The Voice of My Beloved Ministry. When you visit a page with content embedded, for example, YouTube or a social network site, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. We do not control the use of these cookies and cannot access them due to the way that cookie works. Cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. You should check the third party websites for more information about these cookies.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, in accordance with GDPR, please contact us.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office at +353-1-639 5689, via email email@example.com, or by post 18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2, D02 HE97.